
...SO proud!

...Lots of Hard Work & Time.
(Mal's Civil War Project & Diorama)

...And tears and triumph in learning.
(Lindsay's Science project -- Based on Newton's 3rd Law). (Education for MOM, too!)
BUT...color me SO done with school. The month of May is pure torture. Teachers assign projects so they can focus on testing...which means nothing to the kids and a grade for the teachers, eventually. So May has been packed with projects, meaningless field trips with no purpose in learning whatsoever, jog-a-thons to leech out what little donation money we might have left, and I'm sure end of the year parties.
Still, their projects make me proud. Proud of their desire to learn. Proud of their desire to please. Proud of their desire to present the best. Proud of their quest for academic excellence. I must say, watching my children learn has been thrilling for me. I'm not sure I gave my parents the same thrill and that is unfortunate, because it is one of my greatest joys.
In Hayden's class they had an incubator with baby chick eggs in it. They all hypothesized how long it would take for the chicks to hatch. They made journals logs...documenting the process. Very cute, actually. The kids would check the incubator daily. On the 21st day, the first baby chick hatched. I worked in the classroom after 4 had hatched. The "cheep cheeping" was actually quite loud from these cute baby chicks. Hayden was explaining the process to the girls and they inquired: "Hayden, what do the baby chicks eat?" Hayden, being the Einstein that he is, replied (with the "DUH" tone of voice): "Uh, chick food, what do you think?!"
My kids are all obviously from Planet Awesome. Color me...so surprised. I would never have guessed these apples fall from this tree!
Now...bring on the long summer days. I'm READY!
5 comments:
Color me so happy that those projects are a long way away for me! I feel like I should go back to school and learn all over again to be able to help Addison with her projecs. And Heaven help her with math (SO NOT my or Brian's area of expertise).
You should be very proud. Your daughters radiate confidence, even through their pictures. Hayden sounds like a character, every family definitely needs one of those. And since when did kids his age start hypothesizing?!?
I am so impressed! Your kids are not only cute--but dedicated and smart! And I'm thinking they got at least some of that from you...judging by the awesomeness of these two blog posts. :) We've been busy creating haikus, limericks, and quatrains around here...UGH!
Those boards are awesome. Are you kidding? I never made any that looked like that. Your kids ARE awesome. And just because they aren't hiding out in the garage bathroom instead of going to school doesn't mean they don't fall far from the tree!
Hayden has it! He can just keep that response in mind for when he starts dating and wants to impress his date. :) Actually, that answer appropriately applies to any answer for what a husband or boyfriend should choose (according to Lane's instruction to Nate): whatever the wife wants is the right answer.
WOW! Your girls did beautiful work!!!! I wouldn't have been surprised to see anything less. You do a wonderful job supporting them in it. They couldn't do it without you.
Oops. I just reread my comment--should have edited BEFORE posting!--and meant to write: "I WOULD have been surprised with lesser quality work."
You knew what I meant, right? ;)
Post a Comment