So I just found out that a childhood friend of mine is expecting her ninth child. I know she's not the only one out there, but it doesn't mean I'm not in awe of it. I'm in awe of 3, and I'm just talking about myself! Some people just have the gift; I don't. She is gorgeous, has grace and always wears a smile! She seems to enjoy it all.
But here's what I'm thinking. If I ate 9 candy bars...I'd be full. If I ate 9 bagels, I'd be dying and probably have a sugar overdose. If I went on Tower of Terror at Disneyland 9 times in a row, I'd probably be done.
But then again, I have had (sickeningly) 9 pieces of See's candy in a relatively short period of time and at least considered having just one more piece. My dying wish will be to eat 9 bagels back to back -- (I LOVE bread); and after riding Tower of Terror more than 9 times in this lifetime, I can honestly say I look forward to next time. So what do I know???
I'm just in awe of the physical endurance it takes to not only give birth but raise 9 children!!! Especially since we're the same age and I'm exhausted sitting in my car watching a 1 hour soccer practice tonight at the end of the day. Well, I guess that explains it.
Lightbulb moment. Not proud. Now...do we have any See's laying around (since I am)?
4 comments:
Um...I could out eat you See's style anyday. Nine? That's nothing. I could probably do 12 in two minutes flat. As for laying around, that sounds really good right now. As for nine children, I'm tired just thinking about that! She must be non-stop energy.
people say i'm non-stop energy and i'm exhausted 1) after reading your post and 2) after my 2-year-old's birthday party today. and that's just one kid. whew! but i'm with you - i admire her. and if she can do it, she SHOULD, because too many crazies are out there procreating!
sorry i've been mia reading/commenting... i always love your blog and had to play catch up tonight!
Nine? I'm in awe too. Now, See's and I make a good pair and nine seems about right for a snack. Did you hide any when you left?
Just love your blog. It is so refreshing and fun.
Boysenberry Mama
Wow. Mom commented on your blog! She is getting into the swing! I love your blog. I can't wait to hear more about the dinner. I'm off to bed! I'll have to skip the See's...
Post a Comment