Friday, December 26, 2008

Death by Carbs

...or chocolate, or bread, or cookies, or brownies, or pasta, or cheese, or crackers, or nuts, or apple cider, or more chocolate, even hot chocolate!

I know, I know! It's almost sacreligious to say this...but I'm sick of eating. I feel like Jabba the Hut. I'm fat and I can't move -- help me! My tongue feels swollen and it's getting hard to swallow. I'm almost begging for someone to put me on a liquid diet. At this point, I'd welcome it. I'm starting to NOT recognize my own face in the mirror. I did NOT have 3 chins last time I checked. (Did I?)

Not that it hasn't all been great and fun. And delicious. And maybe I'm pumping myself up for the FitChix Boot Camp I signed up for that starts Jan. 2nd. (Sidenote: Counting the minutes to be weighed and measured and cry for the 3 hours following! Utter joy.) Who knows? But I don't think I've been hungry for a month. I feel like I need to brush my teeth every 2 hours just because of all the starch. And if it's getting hard to breathe just sitting -- (now I may be exaggerating but I may not be?) -- then it's time to do something!

NO MORE PROCRASTINATION!

Time to start eating like a human, or a mouse, or a skinny person. It begins immediately...
...after popcorn at the movies tomorrow!

3 comments:

Blue Eyes said...

I'm with you. Why does this family get so wrapped up in food?
You'd think we didn't care about anything else!
N wonder we have to have New Year Resolutions. You are so good at keeping yours, though. Pass the popcorn. Butter, please.

Grapefruit said...

New Year Resolutions? HA. Don't believe in them...for the very reason you listed in your last sentence. There is always something I need to eat first, before I can actually set the resolution...like popcorn, toffee, bread, bread, bread, bread, bread, bread,bread...did I mention bread? When can you take me to Il Fornaio already?

Liz said...

Amen. I think that maybe the holiday neighbor deliveries are over. I had these scrumptious chocolate-covered peanut-butter Ritz crackers yesterday that Molly made. Oh my. I've been holding back on the treats, but those were SOOOOOO good. I'll be thankful when temptation stops knocking at the door!
Love your blog's new look!