Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tradition

Every family has their traditions...we have ours, too:


Sometimes it's a celebration; sometimes we find a reason to celebrate!


Tonight it was "almost vacation" celebration -- and we were all home together for an evening, for a change (until we left for ice cream, of course). Yes, Dave looks half asleep -- he probably is. And yes, we shared that thing!


Hayden's so predictable; it's either vanilla or rainbow sherbet!


Mal's having her sugar-high reaction -- it's instantaneous!


Lindsay's not as outgoing as Mal -- she gets a smaller one.

Hayden: "Mallory, how do you eat all that?"
Mallory: "I have a big stomach!"

I wish I had Mal's kind of big stomach...you could bounce pennies off of it!

Moral of the story: Leatherby's never disappoints.

3 comments:

Grapefruit said...

YUM! I loved going there as a kid. Too bad we don't have anything like that around here really. But then again, my kids aren't exactly lacking in the treat department. As for bouncing pennies of a stomach, I can TOTALLY do that since having kids. Tight as a tight can be!

Blue Eyes said...

Baskin Robbins is up there too!
Oh, those hot fudgies remind me of my years with Judy -- she is the queen of hot fudge sundaes. She knew who had the best hot fudge of all and we used to enjoy them together. Sisters are the greatest.

Liz said...

I really miss that place. Oh man, I wish I weren't lactose intolerant! OK, it's actually a blessing, but I DO miss ice cream!