Tuesday, January 6, 2009

911


Somebody, help, call 911. I can't get up. Or at least won't be able to by tomorrow. I have no doubt.

After last night's initiation of squats, sit downs, roll-ups, lunges, chest presses, planks, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember, I was feeling my quads big time just kneeling, folding laundry today. Tonight we ran, well I did (everyone else "power walked" and chatted and laughed) for 45 minutes, which for me equaled 4.3 miles. It's easily been a year since I pulled 4 miles out of a hat. I was pushing for 3. But once your in pain, you're just in pain. Grin and bear it. And boy, it was chilly out. Not 3 feet of snow chilly, but breezy and cool and I was definitely under-dressed for the occasion with one light windbreaker and a running tank top. (Yes, duh, I had pants on!)


To add insult to injury, at the end we had to do 3 sets of 12 push-ups, step ups, and squats. 3 sets! At the end we were stretching and one lady said: "I have a cramp from stretching in my belly." Funny thing was, I was having the same cramp, just feeling our hidden muscles in a whole new way. Oh man, less than 24 hours til tomorrow's beating.

Well, they don't call it Boot Camp for nothing. I definitely have a Boot somewhere in my camp, right where I needed it! Attention, hut!

4 comments:

Grapefruit said...

I warned you. Should have just stayed on the couch. Nice and warm.

JK. I'm proud of you! Keep it up. You are doing awesome.

Now, if I join you in Carlsbad...don't expect me to work out w/you too!

Liz said...

Too bad you aren't here with the 3 feet of snow. You could help me with the snow shoveling. You could wake up feeling sore for free!

Blue Eyes said...

Awright, awright, I'm gonna get back on the track too. Darn guilt.
You are awesome. Good thing you don't come with me to Curves; you'd think I am a wimp!
Well-written and funny. As usual.
Boysenberry Mama

shelley said...

wow! it is weird to feel muscles you didn't even know you had. i used to be in really good shape and i think right now i'm in the worst shape of my life. i hate that i can't do anything with this pregnancy without being in pain. as a result, if i walk from the front of the store to the back of the store, i'm tired, winded, and need a nap! i can't wait to join your ranks (although NOT so hard core) after the baby comes so i can feel better!