Monday, January 19, 2009

Sassy Water

Okay. So let me first say I hope I'm more sassy by the end of my 4-day cleanse that we are on as part of our boot camp. Part of the meal plan for this "cleanse" is to drink 1 glass of "Sassy Water" with every meal. (P.S. With the diet I've been on, I'm certain I've already cleansed in a big way!!! This should be frightening).

What, you ask, is sassy water? I did, too! Are you ready:

8 liters of water, 12 mint leaves, 1 med cucumber (peeled and thinly sliced), 1 lemon (thinly sliced), and 1 teaspon fresh grated ginger. Chill overnight before drinking.

This morning, as I began to embark on the cleanse, I was already dreading the first sip of my sassy water. All boot campers received an email from the director instructing us to think of a spa day as we drank our water and focus on something positive, as we are strong women.

The "sassy" part of me had a quick, knee-jerk response. My positive thought was I'll be happy if I don't purge after the first sip. So here goes. Down the hatch.

You know what. You should make some. It's surprisingly refreshing and good. I'd make it again just to have in the fridge cuz I like the taste so much.

And as I listen to my daughter vacuum, that is as close to spa day as I'm gonna get...help with the daily chores!!! I'm already looking forward to my second glass. Cheers!

4 comments:

Grapefruit said...

What is it supposed to do for you? Maybe I'll make it. It doesn't sound bad at all! Sounds like something they'd serve at an Aveda spa. And making that at home is as close as I'll ever get to a real spa day for sure! (At least until we go on another sister trip...)

Liz said...

I am SO glad that you didn't say it tastes disgusting. Hooray for nice surprises!!!

shelley said...

you are committed! sassy water or not, anything with the word "cleanse" involved sends me running for the hills. although i could probably use a little of that right now, you know, with all the fun side effects of being 9 months pregnant!

Blue Eyes said...

Aw, you are coming of age. Sassy water? Anything with lemon and ginger sounds delightful to me. Bring it on!
Seems like for all of us, January is the time for the remaking of a new woman. Hooray for you!