That's living...not sleeping. I've recently been a little under the weather -- the sniffles and what have you. Days like those you long for the nightfall and the opportunity to put head to pillow. I fall asleep. For 15 minutes. I'm all snug under covers; it's quiet...til wait. Is there a PIG sleeping next to me? I'm NOT trying to be mean, but my husband's snoring is seriously starting to resemble a really long, loud pig snort. I try shoving and poking him, rolling him back over, fixing his pillows. The snoring continues. After about an hour...I finally turn on the tv, hoping this will quiet the snoring and I'll fall back asleep. Couldn't handle the light after 15 minutes, plus, nothing is on and I can't even focus cuz I'm so tired. Ahhh, quiet. No wait...is that the DOG snoring? She weighs 10 lbs on a good day -- she can make that big noise from that body? Good grief. I put a pillow over my head. Again, another loud shock of snort out of the body next to me. I groan. Sometimes this subconsciously registers with my husband, usually not. I take the pillow off my head.
Hoooooooot hooooooooot.
Answering back: Hooooooooot hoooooooot.
Yes, the owls decide to make fun of the snoring inside our bedroom by hooting about it for the next 1/2 hour. The owls make me think of snakes. The snakes make me think of the skunks my neighbor's said recently sprayed their dog and have a trail going outside their backyard.
Finally, I get up and meander down the hall to my daughter's queen bed. It has to be better. Can't be worse?
"Linds, I'm getting in bed with you." Grunt...she rolls over. After 15 minutes of trying to get used to the night light that is creeping in from the other room and getting warm all over again, I try the pillow thing over my head again. Lindsay flips over violently just missing my face. That was a close one.
Then I hear a beep. It's good to know her cell phone is now all charged as the beeping continues to notify me. I get up, flip the phone over, and unplug it. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!
At this point 2 hours have elapsed. Yes, I said 2 hours. I give up trying to sleep in there. Too foreign, even though it's a good mattress. I go back to bed.
Occassionally I hear the owl's but I'm so tired at this point it is almost a lullaby. It only took 3 hours.
That's life in the country for you. Farm animals inside, wildlife creatures outside.
Time to whup up some grub for dinner.
2 comments:
Country life vs. City life: "I put head to pillow to the soothing sound of gunshots out my window. Just as I drift of to gang heaven, my drunk neighbors start screaming cuss words at the top of their lungs. Then the other neighbor blasts his rap music. Then the pigeons start mating on my roof. Then, three hours later, the sound of police sirens lull me to sleep."
:)
Hilarious. You captured it! I can relate! At our house, it's the temperature. He likes it hot, I like it cold, and never the twain shall meet. How do people stay married, anyway?
They must give up sleeping.
Post a Comment