Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer...Thanks for the Memories

Dear Summer:

Come back...I can feel you drifting away from us.


These carefree smiles you bring me each year...it's such a gift!


Joy & elation!


It's worth the laundry and the sunburn.


Stress just washes away in the warmth of your sun adrift in the water.

Sailors paddle to shore to seek out adventures unknown.


So much to discover...


Canadian geese and families of deer met us as your sun began to set.

We tried new things this summer.


We brought friends along for the ride.


I even braved the waters while everyone had a good laugh at my expense!


It's gone to fast. There you go...

...Thanks for the memories...

5 comments:

Grapefruit said...

That looked so fun! I hear you...summer has gone by WAY too fast! Can you believe my kids start school in ONE week?

See? You ARE ready for Lake Powell.

The Ewers said...

Can anyone say 'JEALOUS'?
Looks like a fabulous day. I miss Folsom.

Great pics!

Cindy Smith said...

Isn't boating the best? Looks like you had a blast!
We are trying to go today too but the weather outlook so far is not very bright. 10,000 lakes and the weather's always bad... such a shame!

Wendi said...

That's quite the creative post. Looks like lots of fun. :)

Liz said...

I looooooved that post! What a wonderful day. So glad you could capture it and share it. Love you!